League HOME

Current rF2 SessionViewer:

OFFICIAL League Time:

League CHAT ROOM

F1Racing
April 19, 2024, 10:46:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

general trobleshooting

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: general trobleshooting  (Read 638 times)
TriPpeD

Driver Reputation: +0/-0

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 05:14:24 pm »

Well my card is hot but nothing unusual, as hot as it gets with other more graphic intensive games, found this though and some are having this problem under Win 7.    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/wddm_timeout.mspx. Sounds like a pain in the arse since neither windows or Nvidia will take the blame. Looks like a new drive and a fresh system install for rFactor. Odd it only happens for rFactor as all other games and sims are fine. Knowing my luck it's just some rogue driver floating around my system, like my mother in law at a birthday party.
Report Spam   Logged
MS7XWDC
Administrator

Driver Reputation: +14/-0

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 05:27:07 pm »

ahhhhh

i have Windows 7.
i bought a new Hard Drive for Race Days

only installed the bare minimum on it:

rfactor, graphics and sound drivers

Logitech Wheel software
Report Spam   Logged
James Newnham

Driver Reputation: +2/-0

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 05:31:31 pm »

i still get freeze ups, and i am running vista with hundreds of different other games on it, also in rfactor i have all settings at max except oponent detail which is only on 'high' and auto detail which is on 30. I consistantly run between 60 and 120 fps. if that is of any help.
Report Spam   Logged
MS7XWDC
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 05:52:50 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
TriPpeD

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 05:20:18 pm »

Yeah MS7XWDC have my setting the same but was still having the problem, just installed a new drive and system for rFactor only ( didn't even install the G25 Logi drivers ) all up and running well again, must have been a rogue driver (possibly the TrackIR4 as it's probably the only one i didn't check) Still, i'm just glad to be up and running again even if it's only to practice and watch the race replays.  Grin.....T
Report Spam   Logged
MS7XWDC
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 05:57:33 pm »

we'll have a seat for yoU race #2
Report Spam   Logged
TriPpeD

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 06:30:37 pm »

If you saw my last lap time you may regret that !  ****... i was getting blue flagged for the pace car . Thanks MS7XWDC , i'll be there for Aus.
 Cheers T
Report Spam   Logged
dalinfin

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 10:35:10 am »

Have re installed again but now it is happening in rFactor / no mods / clean install. Seems like a graphics card problem. Still !! was not happening last week and i'm using the same card.
 Think i'll pick up another drive and do a new system install for rFactor only and see if that helps, at this stage i have re installed rFactor / graphics drivers / G25 drivers / even did a system restore. Must be something screwed up i'm missing.

Hi, first can I congratulate and thank everyone involved for all your hard work. Getting exactly the same CTD's & then back to game. Don't think it has anything to do with backfires (patch installed) as I just tried driving in 1st gear for a while and it CTD again. Could it be something to do with the steering wheel I'm using (Microsoft sidewinder forcefeedback) as the ffb comes and goes? Sys info is windows 7 HE, ati radeon 4890, amd quad 2.8ghz, 4 gb memory. Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
TriPpeD

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 01:55:10 pm »

Well i've done a fresh install for rFactor and everything was fine untill last night. I stupidly installed G25 drivers and TV style instead of installing them one at a time. Now my old problem is back (black screen during race etc)
 Wiped the drive as an uninstall did nothing. At a bit of a loss but looks like either the Logi drivers or the TV style is causing the problem. Will also try stepping back my Nvidia drivers to see if there's something there.
 Just got it all loaded up again so wil try with an older version of the Logi drivers first. ps using the lgs508_x64 drivers for my G25, anyone else using different ones ?
Report Spam   Logged
MS7XWDC
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 02:01:25 pm »

i use LGS 508 32 bit windows 7

no issues

you have both TV Style and TV Style update?
Report Spam   Logged
MS7XWDC
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 02:04:40 pm »

http://www.filefront.com/15958203/TVStyle%2009%20plus%20upgrade.rar
Report Spam   Logged
TriPpeD

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 02:16:22 pm »

Thanks MS7XWDC, i did not have the update  Wink
Report Spam   Logged